After we get our tree we always head over to the Harvest House and visit Santa. We had been prepping Mae a lot to meet the big guy. Finally she decided he wouldn't be so bad because he was going to give her a candy cane. When we got there we let her watch a few kids visit Santa and let her warm up to the idea of talking to him. You can tell she was a little bit scared, she wouldn't let go of Seans fingers.

I finally got her in my arms, and as you can see I had to sit on his lap for her (
luckily I did not break his leg). She lasted about long enough to get her candy cane and then was done. Sean and I talked to him for a little bit longer and she was
totally fine as long as neither of was on his lap.

On our way out of the store we ran into
Mistys family, so we turned around and headed back in to watch them see Santa. Clara had a hard time with meeting the big guy. It was pretty funny
because she would stop crying then turn and look at him and break into tears again. After Misty got all the pics of her family we had Mae get into one, it was great
because Maes outfit matched yet was opposite of
Mistys kids outfits. As you can see Mae wanted nothing to do with Santa this time around. She was very worried about Clara being so sad, even as we were leaving she said "I cried with Clara". As much as it was sad, it was also hilarious, this picture speaks for itself. I laugh every time I look at it.
3 comments:
Oh the trauma we inflict on our children for the sake of traditions! LOL! Well, none of us were scarred for life (but don't ask Mary about clowns...)
I'm going to need a copy of this picture. I too chuckle but don't tell on me. I like the look on Nathan and Aria's faces too.
I am laughing too
Post a Comment