Today Owen turned 1. I cannot believe its been a year already. CRAZY. At school today he got to move up to the next classroom. He was so ready. I dropped him off and he was like "bye mom, I don't need you." I stayed and took a few pictures anyways. He wore his fancy tie shirt for his birthday. I couldn't resist.
He was so excited about the new toys. He now has a ball pit and a slide to play with. When we picked him up at the end of the day, he was so content just sitting and listening to a story. His new teachers said that he did so well and was just excited and happy all day.
After we picked him up we went to the Elk for his birthday. He loved the Corned Beef Finnegan's Special that Sean and I both got. Then we headed home and had Ice Cream Cake (made with coconut bliss ice cream of course, dairy free is not so bad people.)
We sang him happy birthday and Mae blew his candle out for him.
The calm before the storm. Waiting patiently.
What is this goodness in front of me?
I'll just face plant it and lick it, to test it out.
Yummmmmm!
He he, you can come up with your own caption here. Think German :)
Now he is really starting to get into it.
Sugar coma face. Once he began picking up the cake he was in a love hate with it. It was so good he wanted to keep eating it, but it was so cold that he kept crying a little. It was pretty cute.
Shove it in!
Mouth full. So good.
All done and we have one messy happy boy on our hands.
Then end of the storm, and it was a messy one.
But he's just so cute I can hardly stand it.
All clean, quick bath in the sink before opening presents.
Mae was kind and let him open his own gift. We got him a super squishy ball perfect for small hands to practice catching, and a parachute for ball bouncing and hiding under. All and all I would say that Owen had a pretty awesome first birthday!


2 comments:
He is so cute!!! Happy 1st Birthday Owen!!!
It did look like a fun birthday!
Wow that was some messy but enjoyable birthday cake. Wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment