Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2nd Seed

This is just a small note about Sean and I, its not all about Mae you know. But I'm just really excited that we are both going to be starting in the 2nd Seed section (the section right after the Elite runners) for Bloomsday this year. For those of you who don't know you have to qualify with a fast enough time to get in that section. Sean was already qualified from last years Bloomsday time, but I had to run a 5k (3.1 or so miles) this past Sunday in 22:30. I figured I might as well try. So I ran my little heart out and did it in 22:26, 7:13 per mile pace. I was so excited to have made my goal. Two of our friends also made 2nd Seed with us so we're gonna have a fun group starting out together. My next goal is to run Bloomsday in under and hour. Wish me luck, and Sean too, I don't know what his time goal is though.

7 comments:

brook & dave said...

Right on! Proud of you, Rach!

Jon and Maryanne said...

That is so awesome!!! Congrats! I hope you do well and reach your goal! :)

Linda said...

What do you mean it's not all about Mae? JK I know. How exciting for you. Dad and I wish you luck!

TiCaFam said...

You run your heart out! :-)

Conlin Family said...

Good job, Rach! Good luck with your goal; you can do it!!

Amanda said...

I read the title "2nd seed" and thought you were going to announce that you are pregnant. lol Silly me. :)

And awesome for you guys!!

McP Family said...

totally proud of you!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers