Finally it was the time to poke pumpkins! Mae had been asking for about 2 weeks to "poke" pumpkins. We made good on our promise Halloween night! This year we were hooked up with pumpkins by both sets of Gparents. So we were able to decorate with some and carve some, it was awesome.
Owen just wanted to lick the pumpkins.
Getting all set up, Mae was giddy with anticipation.
Mae was really good about getting all in and diggin out her own seeds.
Oh so cute!
The final product. Seans is on the left with the crazy star eyes and ridges. Maes is in the middle, I carved it and she told me what to carve, what shapes, how many, etc... That leaves mine on the right with the squiggly smile. You can also see that Mae also had a good time coloring her pumpkin while Sean and I carved ours.
All lit up!
Now for trick or treating. We wern't going to take Mae and Owen but when kids came to our door Mae was like "hold on, what is that all about?" So we told her that if she put on a costume she could go to a few houses and trick or treat. At first she did not want to put anything on and just go, but then we explained to her that no one would give her any candy unless she had a costume on. So she finally decided on the princess crown that April got her for her birthday, and Mary and Quinn helped her decorate. I of course had to put on my crown also, I mean if my hair was still crimped from the night before I needed a crown right?
The first door Ednas house. Mae even whispered trick or treat, and said thank you.
Owen the lion and Sean. Staying nice and warm in that big lion sweatshirt.
Showing off the goods. She already cant wait to trick or treat next year. Like all kids she thinks its awesome to get free candy for being cute!


2 comments:
Love the Jack-O-Lanterns! I love what you said about getting free candy for being cute - I think that's about how Daniel saw it too.
Our little Mae with a mind of her own. I wonder who she reminds me of?. Owen looked mighty fantastic in the lion costume. All the post were fun to read. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment