The Walla Walla Half was awesome! Even though if you ask dad he will tell you that I looked miserable. But I LOVED it even though they started the race 5 minutes early LAME, so I started out to fast and that came back to kick me in the end. I got asthma about mile 8 also LAME, I had to walk more then I ever have. It was crazy HOT 75 degrees in October, I was not prepared for that. Even with all that I loved the race. Sean and I spent the weekend in Walla Walla with just mom and dad, it was kinda weird but cool at the same time. I also got to spend a little time with Carolyn, Marni, Diane, Jax and Colt. We only get to see each other maybe once a year so it was great to be doing the same race.
Here we are before the race began. Hanging by the bathrooms :)
Early on in the race I was still feeling pretty good. If I would have done the 10k I would have killed it.
Care and Marn (I would like to add that Care was about 7 weeks preggo when doing the race).
Oh the pain! I have no idea how far into the race this is but I look really hot and tired.
Sean took a sweet pic!
Part of my support team! Sean, Mom, Dad, Mae, and Owen stoped at least every mile and cheered me on. Gma and Gpa Johnson also cheered me on about mile 2, and Gwen drove by me around mile 10. It was so nice to have all the support.
Only the longest 1.1 miles of the whole race left to go.
Amazing that we are all smiles still after the race. Neither of us met our goals but we still completed the race and had fun doing it. I will definitely be running the Walla Walla half again and rock it out!


2 comments:
That last picture really doesn't even look like we were in pain. I seriously felt like puking most the day after that race! It was fun though. Love all these new posts and the Halloween costumes were awesome (including Mae's:)).
I'm happy to have been on your support team:) I thought you did great!
Post a Comment