Today I ran the Spokane Half Marathon. It was freezing cold a whooping 28 degrees at the start of the race. But it was so fun.
The morning started off with a nice warm up from the house. We loaded Mae up in the stroller with tons of layers and headed on down. It was nice because it got the blood moving. We then met Brook (Sean's sis) who was watching Mae for us while we ran, handed off the babe. Then blast off the run begins. Now when I say it was cold I really mean it. A guy actually slipped on ICE during the first mile. I ran with my friend Katie who was great company the first half of the race. then she took off for the second half. I kept my miles pretty consistent (minus doomsday hill). I finished with a time of 2 hrs 3 mins. About 8 minutes faster then the CDA Half in May, so I was stoked about that, especially because this course was harder (more hills). While I was running that Sean did the 5 miler as a nice training run for a race he is doing in December.


5 comments:
Way to go guys! That is awesome! I am hoping to get back to running soon...provided my knee doesn't start bothering me again!
Congrats! That is amazing! And Mae is getting so big! I always enjoy the pictures and videos.
Way to go! It was nice to be there. Sorry we didn't quite make it for you coming across the finish line.:( You were just too fast. It was still nice to be there with everyone though at the end a few minutes later when josh and shannon came across. All three of you did a good job of running!!! We had a great weekend up in cold country. lol
Great job Rachel! Makes me jealous, I wish I could have run with you!! It was sooo cold this weekend, even in Walla Walla. I think its cool that all of your family came up for the weekend too. How fun. Are you planning a little party for Mae's birthday? Its only 2.5 weeks away! Crazy!!
Miss ya!
Good for you guys.
Post a Comment