Camping is awesome, especially on the lake. So Hoopfest weekend we took off to the water because we knew that it would be peaceful and not crowed. Our friends Malia, Nick, Oliver and Niles joined us for Maes first camping trip. Gma and Gpa Mac were so awesome and they let us borrow their Boat and their Truck so we could go camping on the Lake.
Here are Sean and Nick we have just begun our journey at this point. We were scouting out the perfect camp site. One with Beach and Trees. The weather was amazing in the mid 90's and not a cloud in the sky.
Welcome to camp Llamacorn. Oliver found this stick and named it. Then we had a discussion that that is what we should call our campsite.
Another view of the amazing site. As you can see Trees and Beach. Almost perfect except for the millions of ants. But what can you do its camping and bugs come with camping.
This is Mae and I relaxing on the Boat. You can see my feet and her head. The boat was a great place to hang with her because it kept her contained and not eating sand and rocks.
Mae and Sean on the morning of our 2nd day there.
Pretty much all we did that day was lay around and nap. Sean hopped in the boat and took pics of Mae and I sleeping. Note the foot on the face. How am I even sleeping?
Then I got up to read and Sean laid down by her, and he fell asleep with her. I love how they are both covering their eyes.
Finally nap time was over and Sean had to fix the anchor. Mae had so much fun watching him dive in and out of the water. And look how big she is supporting herself.
Goggle face Sean. Now you can see why Mae was so entertained.
I wonder what they are plotting?
Splish splash Mae was in the lake and not eating rocks. Mostly because of my brilliant plan to put a sheet in the water to cover them. and Sean questioned my packing sheets. I said hey babe you never know what you'll need them for. And now I will always take a sheet to the lake.
As you can tell she loves it!
And loves it!
She also loves Chile. Sean was feeding her the Chile for our Chile Dogs.
I think this Picture is awesome with her crazy messy Chile face. MMMMMM GOOD!!!
Meet the 3 eyebrow witch Malia.
Gossip mags by the fire. Nothing better then that.
These next 3 pics are just more super cute Mae in the water pictures. Man she is taking huge steps here.
I love how her hat is all crazy and she has a spaz happy face on while kicking the water with all her might.
And last but not least the tongue roll shot. That she got from her dad. Him and all his siblings can do it, and I gotta admit it was pretty funny watching them all do it with her the other day.
Well Maes first camping trip was a success, and that's a good thing because we have 2 more to go this summer.

4 comments:
camp llamacorn, haha.
so much fun! the sheet---brilliant! mae---cute as ever! the sleeping pics---so precious!
and yah, i thought we already talked about atreyu and how it was okay if he came....? man i'm losing it, maybe i was talking to mom? is it ok?
I love how I can be updated on all my terrific grandkids and what they are up to. She is sure growing up and I can't wait to see her in a couple of days! Here's some hugs and kisses for you Mae from me and Grandpa J XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Man, you are brilliant! Good idea with the sheet!
Okay, so just like April and Misty, I also think you are brilliant for coming up with the sheet idea!!! Those pics of Mae are absalutely adorable!!! I love the swimming suit that Grandma got her, its too cute, especially on Mae!
Post a Comment