Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weekend In Seattle

We headed across the state for the weekend of the 4th. It was an awesome trip, and full of fun. We hit up Pikes Place Market, helped Brook and Dave with their house (well Sean did I hung with Mae outside), 2 family bbq's and a trip to the U Village so I could go to a J Crew store since I only have shopped it online. Well that about sums up the weekend so now onto the the pics and captions.

Self explanatory. Pikes Place Market sign and the beginning of our weekend.

Mary, Sean and Mae after we went to Old Navy to get Mae a sweatshirt and some pants since it was so bloody cold in Seattle. We all took turns holding Mae in the Sling and Mary was first. Mae was kinda mad to get squished in because she is getting pretty long, I need to read the directions to learn the hip hold.
Mae and the Golden (Bronze) Pig. I was so excited to see this and take Maes picture on her. Yes the pig is a girl and believe it or not her name is Rachel. We found that out as we were about to leave and saw some shirts that said Rachel The Pig with a picture of the Golden Pig. I of course bought one. The reason I so wanted to take Maes picture on Rachel is because Mae was born in the Year of the Golden Pig, apparently a very lucky year.

I need to crop out the crazy lady standing next to us.
After more wondering around we ran into one of those creepy Fortune Teller booths. Mae was very intrigued by it and she even pushed the button herself (with Seans help).
She really wanted to touch the Fortune Teller.
She got her fortune and she was very excited to to hold onto it. And to tell you the truth we read the card but we can't remember what it said. It was pretty cheesy I know that. About 5 minutes after she got it she proceeded to drop it. At least it was only 50 cents and I got some cute pictures.

We then saw these street performers who were amazing. They were singing Old School songs accapella. Mae was in a great mood so she decided to tip them a dollar.
These next 2 pictures are so funny. I love these cut out head boards. When you see one you just have to do it. I didn't even look at the picture on the front until after the picture which makes it even funnier.
Oh so cute Bro and Sis.
Self portrait.
After the Market we headed over to Brook and Daves new house so Sean and Mary could work on it with them. I didn't take any pictures there but they are doing some major work. I know Brook will be blogging it one of these days so I will keep you posted when she does then you can stalk her blog and see the transformation. Then Seans Cuz Stephanie had us over for a very nice bbq to complete the evening.

It was a fun 4th but weird because we were not at the Lake watching the fireworks. In fact we didn't even watch any on the actual 4th.
Although we didn't watch any Fireworks on the 4th we did watch a great show on the 5th at Matt's house. The fireworks were after an awesome day filled with Golf, Pickle ball, Basketball, Volleyball, Ping Pong, good food and good company with Seans dads side of the family (who we don't see very often so it was really great to see them)
Here we are watching the fireworks. Sean finally came up to check on us and watch them with us since he had been playing so hard all day. I'm glad he had so much fun though.
Mae wasn't afraid of the Fireworks, she just watched them and sat there. Maybe she squealed with delight a few times but I honestly can't remember. I do love her face though because you can tell that she like it.
Say What?
She was getting so tired it was way past her bedtime, well way past everyones bedtime.
She finally passed out on Marys lap holding the Glow In The dark Golf ball that cousin Matt gave her. She loves that ball just staring at it when its flashing red. I will say even I want to stare at it when it is flashing red.
Yup It was a fun weekend full of good memories and fun. But I will say we have been so busy that we couldn't wait to get home. Mae was pretty excited to get home too. I've even kept the activities to a minimum since we've been home and we're all feeling much more relaxed.

9 comments:

Mary Mac said...

I love all the new posting Rach. Hope your all nice and relaxed cause were heading to Priest!!!! See you very soon.

Love Mary

TiCaFam said...

So fun!! Mae is so darling! You're beautiful Rachel (purple is a good color on you).

McP Family said...

Year of the GOlden Pig Huh!!!
I better check that out. I had so much fun hangin' with you last night. Thanks for coming over - I needed it.
Mari

Jon and Maryanne said...

Looks like you had a busy but fun 4th of July weekend too! We are hoping to get to Seattle at some point this Summer or early Fall, but I doubt we will be able to. Mae is so photogenic! (spelling??)

The Buck's said...

Are you all exaughsted yet? You have had so much going on! Crazy! I can't believe you had to buy warmer clothes...it was pretty warm here!

Conlin Family said...

You have been way busy! I'm enjoying all the blogs and it looks like you have been having lots of fun! I also like the golden pig picture...that makes me curious about the year Kaylee was born guess I'll have to check that out! I hope you can relax a little now!

brook & dave said...

Wow! YOu are a posting machine!!! It was so good to see you a week or so ago. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!! :)

Linda said...

Looked like a fun weekend. It was nice to spend some time with you guys this last weekend. Thanks for the yummy meal and the nice hair cut! We also enjoyed getting to be with Mae on Tuesday. It was soooo fun she was excited to see us when we came.

Pemberton Family said...

I love all the posts, gosh it must have taken me 20 minutes to catch up on your blog. I finally updated, unfortunately my life has not been near as exciting as yours:) That's about to change though, we leave for Boise on Friday and then Sunday we are driving to Chelan for a week!! We rented a house there with a bunch of my college roomates/teamates and there families. Dave and I both are so excited for a vacay!!Mae is adorable, she gets cuter and cuter everyday!! Way to go on all the posts, it is so fun to read!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers