Monday, August 18, 2008

McNards At Priest 2008

The McNard camping trip has been happening for at least the 20 years give or take, and I have been lucky enough to go the last 8. When I say lucky I really mean it not just cause the people are cool but the scenery is absolutely amazing. This year the weather was perfect and the shirts were awesome (yes we have camp shirts). We did a few things different this year that helped make it more enjoyable for everyone. One of the biggest things was that we all took care of one meal, cooking and cleanup. So the rest of the time we could just relax a bit more. Another thing that didn't happen this year but was decided on for years to come is the t-shirt design contest. Every New Years we will be submitting and voting on that years camp shirt design. But this year Bens girlfriend Megan drew them up for us.
Here's a few pics of us all in our shirts. Mae, Quinner, and Momma Rach.
Yup we even had one made for Mae so cute. If you double click on this picture you can see the design of 2008. We had to get a family picture of Maes first year.
Yikes here's Mae and I standing in front of the roots of a tree. On our way to the talent show that Ben, Katie, and Caden won!
Mae loved to float with whoever would float with her. She spent alot of time with Gma Mac on the floaty but I didn't get a picture of it.
Also the morning of this day a Moose ran right through our camp like 25 feet away from me it was so crazy. I'm pretty sure he went through the camp every day we were there, but I only saw him once. Mary and Quinn got pics that they will hopefully post.
Taking a break from the sun (yes I do get in the shade sometimes).
We also went on this awesome hike that I didn't take any pictures of, but Mae was a trouper the whole time up for anything.

3 comments:

brook & dave said...

Super fun and much needed weekend! I'll post my pics eventually. I've got 8 shoots to catch up on first! Glad you're posting again!

McP Family said...

you are a busy blogging girl. Wowsers. Camping shirts....crack me up. I love that you are making these traditions.

moxie mama said...

haha i love the shirts! also mae looks huge standing on your lap in that last pic!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers