Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Owen James has arrived!

This is Misty, Rachel's sister. She asked me to post pictures of Owen here. So here are some of the pictures from his first moments in the world! When I've edited the rest I'll have Rachel post a link.

He was 7 lbs 12 ozs, 20 inches. Born at 12:52 PM on March 16th. Rachel was a rock star. I heard her Doctor say that she was doing better without an epidural than a lot of his patients do with an epidural. She was in the zone and just let her body do what it needed to do. Near the end the doctor got a vacuum ready because Owen was having a hard time getting out but all it took was the threat of a vacuum, and with the next push he popped right out.

His first moments in the world.






Meeting his daddy.










Talking to Mae on the phone.




Meeting Mama.




Meeting his cousin, Aria.


First bath




Mae was concerned for him.


So she held his hand


She goes "I helped him stop crying!"


Then decided it was her job to comfort him.


Checking to see if he's still calm.


With his Papa.

6 comments:

brook & dave said...

so much joy in my heart right now for your sweet little family!!! I can't wait to meet the new addition and hang out with you guys for a bit this weekend. Love you all so much!!

Misty, thank you for the beautiful photos!

Amanda said...

Brought tears to my eyes. Mae holding his little hand... oh! Just killed me with cuteness. Congrats, you guys. He's beautiful. (and looks an awfully lot like his sister!)

Pemberton Family said...

Way to go Rach!! I want a birth story when you have time:). The pictures are so cute, I think he looks like Mae for now. She is such a sweet big sister. Congrats and enjoy this special time.

Mary Mac said...

I love him! Looks like Mae likes him too! I am so beyond happy for you guys. I can't wait till I come home. I don't know if I can make it 3 weeks, i might have to find a flight!
Love you guys so much, I am so happy for you all:)

Love, Mary

Unknown said...

Owen doesn't know how lucky he is yet, but he was born into an awesome family, congrats!

Topher and Carma said...

Congrats you guys! We are so so happy for you, he is such a cute little dude.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers