The weather has been absolutely awful lately. Its been getting down to 0 degrees or below the last few nights. And is going to keep doing that for the next couple of days. So yesterday Mae was fussing pretty bad at about 5:30 am which is not normal for her. I knew she wasn't hungry but I reached out to comfort her and when I stuck my hand out of the covers it was stung with coldness. I felt Maes face and hands and they were absolutely freezing. So I pulled her into bed with us. Her hands took awhile to warm up after that even. But she was much happier and fell back to sleep immediately. So still not thinking about how cold the air in our house was I tried to fall back asleep. But then Sean had to get up for an early work meeting and looked @ the thermostat and YIKES it was at 50 degrees. Now we keep our house cooler then most but that is crazy. Sean had to take off quick though and I had a highlight at the Salon at 9 so neither of us could figure it out right away. but I will say when Sean got home from his meeting around 9 the house was at 45 degrees. So cold. Then Sean called our friend Joey who is awesome and he came over to help Sean try to figure it out. They ended up having to call a place and it turns out that our filters were dirty so our furnace shut itself off because it was to hot. Which is a great function so now you better believe that we will be making sure that we clean our filters on a regular basis. But it got all figured out, didn't cost to much and our house was back up to 67 degrees I'm a matter of hours. But while we were waiting for the house to warm up we were very bundled, and we don't normally wear stocking hats or put one on Mae but we sure did yesterday.
I just thought that this face was so cute.





6 comments:
Oh my goodness! 45 degrees is COLD! Glad you all have cute little hats and a big bed! Mae is one tough cookie!
Our house was warmer than that when our power was off. I'm glad we ahve a fireplace wood stove. :) I bet you wish you had one about then.
Glad you were able to get our little Mae warm though. You too of course.
That is freezing! good thing you got it fixed quick. But what a good excuse to have Mae cuddle in bed with you! Is she sleeping through the night yet?
Those pictures on Misty's blog are so cute. It looks like she is holding her head up really well. I feel like when I get back she's going to be 5! Scary thought. Im glad ya'all have warmed up! Love ya
That is a cute pic of Mae. Glad the fix was cheap and easy. See you tonight for our hair and pizza play date.
The pics Misty took are sooo cute! I am glad she is sleeping through the night already, that is so nice for everyone. YEA for easy babies!!! Hope you guys had fun tonight, wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment