Tuesday, June 24, 2008

50 Meter Dash Champ

Mae is officially the youngest (7 1/2 months) assisted 50 meter dash champ at the Summer meets, at SFCC.
It was so much fun to take her to the track meet last week and let her play on the track. She has been to so many meets already that she was actually pretty excited to get to run. At every summer meet they run the 50 meter dash for the youngins. Its so dang cute all these munchkins running their little hearts out, sometimes even in a straight line. And since Mae has been walking holding onto our fingers I figured she would love it. Oh I don't have pics of it but she also High Jumped (with my help of course).
The start of the race. The little grey Adidas shorts she has on Sean bought for her because he said that he had a pair like them when he was a baby. You can tell by her face she was loving it.
Still going strong.
The end, so tired but she ran the whole way which surprised me.
YEAH MAE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!


9 comments:

brook & dave said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I was laughing so hard and I almost cried I was enjoying it so much! Yeah, I'm a sap. can't wait to see you all on the 4th!!!

moxie mama said...

what fun! i think it will be so funny if she hates track as she gets older and loves softball, lol:)

The Buck's said...

Before you know it, she be running marathons right next to you and Sean! :)

Mary Mac said...

I agree with April, it would be amazing if she hated track. But I won't let her be a softball player...only volleyball;)

Amanda said...

I haven't checked in with you in a little bit, so you had all kinds of new pictures up. I love them all! I love kissy face, that's awesome. About the Spokane Falls -- as "morbid" as the thoughts, they are totally normal. I do "worst-case scenario" in my head all the time, especially driving over the Portland bridges. I think it is mom's duty to think morbid so we can avoid the worst-case scenarios. :)

Good job, Mae, on the race! How fun! (happy belated birthday, Rachel. I just turned 27 too. I isn't it a weird feeling?)

TiCaFam said...

Go Mae go!!

Linda said...

How CUTE! Go Mae GO! I'm excited to get to see her run or jump like her momma. Of course that is if she likes it;) JK I loved seeing her smile while she was running. I don't think you ever did that. LOL

moxie mama said...

rachel.....it's been almost two weeks, when are you blogging again? i want pictures from the camping trip!!:)

Jon and Maryanne said...

Holy Smokes Lady! Are you still alive?! Been a little busy?!!! Its not like you to go this long without blogging!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers