Monday, August 18, 2008

Johnson Family Campout

Another camping trip. Have you noticed that they have all been at the lake. In our opinion if your going to be at a campground you better be on water. Unless you backpacking then you can be in the wilderness. The Johnson Family Reunion was at a little lake called Lake Wapato which is next to Lake Chelan. I was fun especially because my Uncle had just got a boat and my Dads cousin brought his boat for us to borrow. The weather was once again amazing so it was great to be on the water. And after a few snags like broken boats we got to do some wakeboarding.
Here are pretty much the only pictures I took all weekend and they were all of when Sean, Michael, Dad, Dave, Mae and I went out and the engine started smoking. So dad killed the engine and Sean, and Michael pushed us. Dad with very little help from Dave paddled us in. Mae and I just looked cute and took pictures.
Sean and Michael worked really hard back there, especially when Dave was splashing then with his Ore.
I think we were almost back at this point.
We made it back safe and sound. Just in time for some Boccie Ball, Reading (the Twilight Series final book), Visiting with relatives, and actually roasting hot dogs on the fire. I must say I prefer them on the BBQ.
This was our third and final camping trip. It was a ton of fun, but I'll tell you what we were so happy to be home and its taken me this long to get everything put away and the house back in order.

5 comments:

brook & dave said...

Wow, that looks like a workout! Glad you didn't get stranded. We would have missed you all terribly! :)

Conlin Family said...

Glad to see your posts with pictures! You have done lots of camping...Mae must be a good little camper by now. It looks like you've been having a good time...probably not so much getting stuck in the middle of the lake. I'm glad Michael and Sean were strong enough to push you back!

Pemberton Family said...

I am glad that you FINALLY posted some pics!! I have been stalking your blog since we got back from McCall waiting for them. Mae is starting to look less like a baby and more like a toddler. I can't believe she is already 9.5 months. She looks tall in the picture where she is standing in your lap and you look REALLY skinny!! No surprise there though:) Glad you have had so much fun this summer!

McP Family said...

Look at you guys making the best of what could have been a sticky engine situation. I am glad you had fun and the water looks amazing. I love the new blog look....and YOGA ROCKS!!!!

Linda said...

I'm glad you guys got back too! But having "adventures" is part of the bonding WE call "family" eh? If you know what I mean... LOL
It was fun to see all the pictures from your camping trips. It was fun to be on one with you guys:)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers