Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Girl Bed

The Monday after Christmas we went out in search if a big girl bed for Mae. She had been having a really hard time sleeping for about a month. Sean and I were going insane form her wanting to sleep in our bed every night. So I finally decided that was her way of tell us that she was over her crib and ready for a big girl bed. We got the mattress and the bedding (I found some cute bedding at Target) that day. Mae was so excited to set it up when we got home. She loved her Owl pillow and has been carrying it around ever since. When Sean got home that night from work we moved it into her bedroom and took some pictures (after the pictures I took down the Asian curtains since they no longer matched). Mae would not smile normal for us, she would only give us her cheeser grin.

The first few mornings she was really excited about making her bed. The first morning she had Sean help and then second morning she did it herself. I took a picture of that one since it may never happen again. I am also happy to report that ever since we got her the bed she has slept through the night! She also doesn't get out and wonder around when we are putting her to bed, once shes in shes in. Its very nice. Mae is now constantly talking about which bed is hers and which bed is baby brothers. She was over her crib and started calling it baby brothers bed the minute her bed came into the house.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Mae you have a nice looking bed! And how lucky for you that she stayed in and didn't keep geting out. Not one of you kids were that cooperative with me on that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers