Monday, January 11, 2010

McNard New Years Cabin Style

New Years was a new adventure this year. The McNards rented a "Cabin" in Roslyn Wa this year. It was nice, big and spacious with loads of snow. We all arrived on New Years Eve so the fun began right away. After a tour of the house we got into our costumes, Sean was white trash, I was a pregnant hippie, and Mae was Cinderella.
Mae of course found the basket of candy canes right away.
"Open it mom"
Poor Mae looks worked over and so tired. You can't see Seans fine mullet, but his handle bars are in full view.
There is always a lot of dancing at the McNard New Years, Mae was more then ready to jump into the middle of it all. The first song that played was "All Night Long" Mae caught onto the lyrics and sang right along with the song, and the rest of the night she would just bust out "ALL NIGHT LONG", it was so funny.
I'm sure she was singing it here.
The weekend was full of good food and fun. A morning of sledding that Mae loved, we have not gotten really any snow she she had a blast eating it and sledding. We all stayed up too late playing Mafia. In fact a few days after New Years Mae said "I kill you mom" (not in a mean way just in a that's what I did way) whoops, oh well she will know the game soon enough. Another highlight or low light depending on how you look at it, was the 7 am fire alarm on Saturday morning and every hour or so for most of the day. We blamed it on new house bad wiring, luckily the guys figured out how to make it stop and still have working fire alarms (just on case). It was a good weekend but I was sure glad to have Mondays off so I could have a day to recover. I think it took about a week for all of us to finally catch up on our sleep.

2 comments:

Linda said...

This made me laugh:)

brook & dave said...

At least a week to recover! But good times for sure. LOVED the "all night long" random shouts. SO funny.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers