Mothers Day weekend the kids and I headed down to Walla. It was a great trip, minus Mae getting the flu. The first thing that happened when we pulled into my parents house was Mae vomiting all over herself. I thought she just got car sick, because after she vomited she was acting normal. Turns out it was the flu and we proceeded to get the rest of the family sick. Sorry guys. Even with Mae being sick we had a great time. We didn't do much but that was the best thing we could do.
The kids and I were Aprils first house guests, she was a good little hostess and even catered to my high maintenance diet. Mae and Jovie had tons of fun playing. Ainsley and Owen just chilled out most of the time. It was so cute.
We got up Friday morning and saw the Hot Air Balloons. The girls loved how close they were to the house, and how many there were. We got to go downtown and hang with Mom and Shannon, then we went to Brights where I found some yummy licorice that I can eat! Then we headed out to Mom and Dads for dinner. Mind you this whole time Mae is still acting fine maybe a little tired but that's it. It was a fun night just hanging out with all the kids and catching up. I had planned on leaving So that Mae would fall asleep in the car to make bedtime easier, but she beat me to the punch and fell asleep on the chair. We hit the road to Aprils house and were about halfway there when Mae vomited all over herself twice. That's when we turned around and went back to Mom and Dads (mostly so I could have more help thank Mom and Shannon). We all decided it was the flu at that point, sad day. Luckily Mae slept through the night and didn't throw up again. Because Mae was sick we ended up not going to the Balloon Stamped and just hang out at the house. Josh was a good help as a baby holder :)
Ethen and Owen had fun rolling on the floor together. We can already tell that these boys are going to be less drama then the 3 little girls. I remember Mae pinching Claras cheeks from the get go. Owen and Ethen just smile at each other.
We also tried to take pictures of the 3 babies only 6 months apart. We missed Misty so much, we are not good at taking pictures at all. I put up a couple of the more decent ones that I took. The kids put up with us and we just snapped tons of pics.
Gma J and the 3 youngest kids. Her total is now 10 grandkids.
We headed home that night and then spent the next week recovering. It didn't help that I got sick when we got home. I can definitely say that traveling with 2 kids is much harder then 1. Although for Owens first road trip he rocked it out and went with the flow.


3 comments:
I just got through blogging your visit too and I completly forgot that Mae got sick. I remember now cleaning up her car seat... twice:)
I got a cold was all not the icky stuff. We enjoyed your visit too!
BTW... Owen really did go with the flow. Good baby:)
Rach, nice work/try on the photos! I see you're picking up a few tips and now you have some fun photos to document your trip. Sounds like fun...except for the flu part.
Post a Comment