OK so I have 2 weeks of blogging to catch up on. To begin on Memorial Day weekend Sean and I ran the CDA Half 13.1 miles. He really didn't want to run it at first but it was the second of my running goals post labor so he went along with me and ended up having a great time. The weather was perfect that Sunday morning (no rain) and the race started @ 7:30 am so we had to get up bright and early. We picked up Gma and Gpa Mac on the way out so they could watch Mae for us while we ran. Thanks guys. I knew that after running Bloomsday that I'm not in super running shape so I set a very attainable goal for myself to run 10 min. miles. I figured to play it safe and achieve my goals rather then set my hopes up high and dash them. The race got started and I ran the first few miles a little faster then I wanted to so I slowed it down a bit and hit 10 min miles the rest of the race and I hurt really bad in the end but I did it (in 2 hrs and 10 min), and Sean did it (he did run it in 1 hr and 27 min, and placed 21st over all). That's all that matters even though our knees hurt so bad for the next 2 days it was fun.
Mae and I after the race, I couldn't keep my eyes open cause the sweat was burning them so bad.
Oh the post race family. I made Sean run the last mile and a half with me which was awesome, because that was the worst part of the whole race. Mostly because you run past the finish line and then you have a mile and a half to go such a brain trip when you've run 11.5 miles.
Probably the best part of the whole thing are the oranges @ the end. I'm not the only one who loved them, Mae was super grubbin on the orange slices. Rick was holding her and getting all the orange slobber on his hand but he was a good sport.
Thanks everyone who was there to watch and support us Gma and Gpa Mac, Geoff and Danelle, Rick and Grace, Jayne and Conner (they were also there for Trevor, Jayne's hubby who placed 10th overall, way to go Trev), and Tami.

5 comments:
Congrats! Kevin is trying to get me to train for a half marathon with him after Alex gets here...we'll see!
Ahhh, the infamous oranges!
Good job on reaching your goals!!!
I'm impressed.
You guys are awesome! The most I've run is 10 miles at once and that was on a treadmill at about 6.
How come you had to run another mile and a half after the finish line? Isn't the finish line the finish line?
That's awesome I'm glad you accomplished that goal too! I can't imagine running that long..I would have to do some major training for that! haha
It's good to see you posting again. =)
Rachel, you are such an inspiration. I am way impressed. I am planning on doing a spring triathlon in August. It isn't easy to train for very long each day with a baby, but I am doing my best.
Post a Comment