Yesterday was a great day for a Cross Country race. Or not at all. So so so cold, with out the wind chill I think it was 24 degrees and with the wind chill it was 10. Any part of exposed skin burned, it was awful. I think that Mae was the warmest person there mostly because she had the weather shield on so it blocked the wind. Not to mention an insane amount of clothing.

Our friend Carlos runs for the team the
Asics Aggies out of Northern Cali. Needless to say he was not excited about the temp. It was so fun to get to see him even though it was only for a second. After I saw Carlos I overheard a guy saying that yesterday was only the second time in his life (he was about 50-60) that he had been in freezing weather. The poor guy must have been
miserable.
BRRRRRRRRRRR! I cant even tell you how many layers we all had on. I had a hard time
buttoning my jeans with the layers of spandex on
underneath. Sean had on 4 pairs of pants.

The mass of Runners. Its so cool to see that many people running all at once (
especially with the sever weather conditions). And that was even the last race of the day. There was two Masters races, and a
womens race all before this one.

I tried to get pictures of all of
Seans runners (they have on the navy
jerseys with Spokane in yellow).
Here's Mark
Currell The first guy through for the team.

Andrew Fuller second guy through.

Eric
Burck 3rd man. Love his hat!

Ty
Axtman # 4.

Its hard to see the 5
th man Sean
Coyle (Mae was over it at this point so it was hard to take pics), but he is on the right side navy singlet, red long sleeve (double click the pic you can see him better).

Carlos of the
Asics Aggies, 3rd guy from the left.

They all ran so well and it was so much fun to watch the race. And hey no one who raced will ever forget Spokane and its freezing wind. Even though its not
normally like that.
5 comments:
It made me cold "again" just looking at the pictures of the runners with shorts on. Brrrr. I'm so glad you guys were all bundled up especially Mae Mae. She looked toasty warm in there. Did Sean's team win???
If I would have taken Colt out in that weather he would have been saying " BRRRR mommy BRRRR" that is what he says when he's cold:) You are crazy but at least Mae was warm, good talking to you on Saturday. Maybe one of these days we can see each other but not until this weather gets better!! Miss ya!
I used to hate those stinking cold races! You're a trooper for even getting out there to cheer...not sure if I would have! :)
I can't believe people had skin showing other than faces and hands! Toooooo Cold!!!!!!!!!!
Those little shorts! It looks frigid!!
Post a Comment