Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mae Turns 2!!!!!!!!

Its official Mae is 2! What a fun day we had. The morning started out with a delicious breakfast of Dutch Babies and Sausage (Mae loves sausage she ate 5 links), and a Birthday balloon. Mae and I then made cupcakes, yes even though I don't like cake doesn't mean I'm going to keep Mae in the dark about it. She had tons of fun helping me make them. She pored in all the ingredients for me it was really cute. Then she went down for her nap, while I cleaned the kitchen and prepped dinner before we meet Misty and her kids for ice cream at The Scoop (out favorite ice cream shop). Then we picked up her Ice Cream Cake (a compromise) and headed home for dinner with Seans parents. Very very busy day, but Mae loved it and knew it was a special day just for her.
I don't know how many of you remember how she cried and cried last year at the Birthday Candle. Well this year was the opposite, she blew out the candles at least 5 times. She even sang herself a little happy birthday song before she blew them out one of the times. I was really bad at taking pictures this year (I got a lot of video), but we got pics of her candle blowing.




Mae really had fun with all her gifts this year. She really only gets toys around this time of year so I think it makes it more special for her. She keeps going into her room and saying "toys mama toys."

3 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Mae!!!

Linda said...

I wish I could be at ALL of my grandchildren's birthdays every year:) I'm glad she had a nice day.

Teresa Kauer said...

Fun cake!! She sure looks cute!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers