Monday, February 4, 2008

Bathroom Update

Our bathroom is almost complete. Im so excited pretty much all we have left to do are the small things. The floor was the biggest project of the whole thing but Sean was amazing and with the help of a few of our friends and family we got it done in the time frame we gave ourselves. So we had to finish the floor in 8 days because we were house sitting and could take our toilet out. Since we only have one bathroom this was a very important factor. Another wonderful but unexpected thing that helped get the bathroom done was that Sean only had to work 2 days last week because the school was closed on account of all the snow that we recieved.
So this picture is pre painting. As you can see our bathroom was pretty much white on white boring!
Toilet in the bathtub WEIRD! But the tile backer is down and were ready to rock and roll.
Sean is starting to get the tile down its already looking so much better.
Heres Jason using the tile cutter. And doing a great job I might add he got all the angles right.
Heres the tile after it had all been laid, grouted, and halfway sealed. The sealer is the step that makes the tile that we picked out really cool.
These are all the pics I have right now but the toilet is back in, and the sink (although its not yet hooked up yet). We have the toilet paper holder in and still need to hang the hand towel holder and the towel rack. Things we still need to get are a new mirror, lights, and shelves. But it already looks so amazing and I'll get new pictures up soon I promise.

4 comments:

Conlin Family said...

I love the floor it's not the traditional looking tile and I like it! I'm sure you are so excited to get it done so you can have a brand new bathroom!

Mary Mac said...

It's look'n good, like a ton of work but it will pay off. Silly to say but I wish I had a house to remodle! I know...I will be there someday! But until then I will live through others! Can't wait to see the finished product.

brook & dave said...

Wow---great job Sean! You are turning into a real handy man! I love the tiles you guys picked out. Very classy. Can't wait to see the finished product! Keep up the good work!

McP Family said...

Sean, you did an AWESOME job (you too Rach). Can't wait to come see it in person.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers