Saturday, February 16, 2008

Maes First Run

So the weather is finally getting nicer, almost a balmy 40 degrees. So I decided that now would be a great time to take Mae on her first run. It took me awhile to get the stroller out of the garage and all set up for Miss Mae, but I got it figured out and straped her in. And once I got all the necessary baby provisions (diapers, wipes, extra clothes, etc..) we were ready to rock and roll. All bundled up with a blanket and the weather shield I felt that Mae would be warm enough.
Here Mae is before the run still in the house.
We headed downtown because those sidewalks were more clear of snow and ice then the neighborhood sidewalks. We did meet up with some pretty trecherous conditions and I had to walk us very carefully but we made it down with no problems. Ran a few errands and then headed back home.
This is Mae with the weather shield on right before we headed back up the hill twords home.
Mae and I finally made it home safe and sound, she even got a little nap in. As you can see we still have some good snow in our yard, my hope is that its gone in two weeks. I hope its not wishfull thinking. I told Mae that she needs to get used to the jogging stroller because were gonna be using it alot. She seemed to like it just fine so that made me happy.


2 comments:

moxie mama said...

that weathershield is the best thing ever. i've never even heard of those before. i'm glad she had fun in the jogging stroller cuz she prolly will be in it alot you runnin fool!

McP Family said...

I just cant believe how wonderful the weather has been this weekend. We went on two walks our selves. maybe we can walk together
Mari

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers