Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bloomsday!!

So when I got pregnant with Mae I made myself a goal. Which was after she was out to run Bloomsday and the CDA Half Marathon. I was able to accomplish half of that goal last weekend by running Bloomsday (and the other half will be complete at the end of the month with the CDA Half). I didn't run as fast as I wanted to but I still ran 9:35 pace so I feel ok about it, and I figure that I did just have a baby 6 months ago and haven't had a regular training schedule since I had her. But it was an awesome weekend, our good friends Kevin and Erica came over and brought our other friend Dane (who flew in from China Friday morning) with them. We just spent all weekend hanging out and catching up, so fun. We even had early nights, which is unusual, but I think we all wanted to be well rested for the race so if we didn't run well we couldn't blame it on that. Even though I tried to get some sleep, Saturday night was not a good one. Mae was up a few times and then I got this awesome call from Misty at about 4:30 in the morning telling me that she had Clara a few hours before. Needless to say I did not sleep much after that so I only got about 6 hrs of sleep before the race (so I'm going to blame part of my bad time on my lack of sleep). Sunday morning I was so excited to get my run on just because it had been so long since I had done any kind of race.
Sean and Kevin Sunday morning while we were all getting ready and having a bite to eat.

Erica having her morning tea.

Here we all are before the race. It was so sunny we couldn't keep our eyes open very well. Gma Mac took the picture because she had come down to watch Mae while we were all at the race. Oh how cute its our little family before Mom and Dad went off to run. He he Mae is still in her pj's.
After the race Erica and I were all smiles. She had a really good time I think it was about 1 hr 8 or 9 min, and it was her first time ever running Bloomsday. I ran the race in 1 hr 11 mins. Sean ran in 46 min.
After the race we headed home so we could get our BBQ on.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Nice run Rach and Sean. I also think those pictures of Mae are cute. It's hard to take bad pics of a cutie:)

moxie mama said...

you rock!

TiCaFam said...

Way to go Rachel! What an accomplishment.

The Buck's said...

Way to go! Are you "in training" for the CDA marathon?

Conlin Family said...

That's awesome that you accomplished your first goal! Congrats!

McP Family said...

way to go!!!! you guys did awesome. Yoga was so much fun. I can't wait till next week

Amanda said...

You're in way better shape than most moms with babies, let alone a six month old. Way to go!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers