
So Sean and I decided that we wanted to get some bikes so that we can save money on gas this summer, and be able to do family bike rides to the park and all that wonderful cheesy family stuff. So we headed out to CD'A today to pick up our race packets for the CD'A Half tomorrow morning. Since we were out there we called Geoff and Danelle (Seans bro and his wife), they met up with us and went bike shopping. We had so much fun we went to 3 different bike shops and test rode so many bikes, all in the Cruiser style. The first shop had some cute ones but none of them had enough gears so we crossed them off the list. The second shop was RAD. It was this guy who custom builds bikes from his home. I almost bought one but put it on hold to think about it while we went to the last shop. I didn't feel bad about putting it on hold because Danelle said that if I didn't get it she would. So off to the third and final shop the Trek bike store. That is where we found the Calypso such a cool Cruiser, it has 7 gears (which most cruisers only had 3) for all the hills in our hood, handle bar brakes, a frame that fit both Sean and I, and they can hook up a Baby Seat to the back for Mae. So COOL!!!!!!!!!!! I got it in blue and Sean ordered in it all black. Danelle was excited that I ended up getting the Trek so then she could get the custom bike from the second shop. Yeah for new bikes and family rides.


8 comments:
i'm excited to get your old bike that mom gave to you!
Looks old fashion but fun. You gonna let me test drive it? :)
How did the half marathon go? Amy Hisaw was going to run it too. Dave and I both have bikes and we have a litle trailer that we pull Colt around in, he loves it and its a fun thing to do in the summer!
It was great to see you this weekend. I had so much fun and was so in the moment, that I just realized that I didn't take any pictures!!!! ugh! Well, I'll make up for it on the 4th. :)
Just wait until Mae is older. Kevin bought Matthew a little "third wheel" to attach to his bike so that Matthew can ride along. Matthew just loves it!
Happy B-day Rachel! I hope you have a good one!
I might need to buy a bike too with the way gas prices are!
Hey,
I have missed seeing posts the last couple weeks. Hope everything is going well!! How was your birthday? Miss you!
new post new post new post....where o where is you new post:-) Can't wait till Friday
Mari
Post a Comment